Frequently-Asked Questions

Where can I donate clothing and/or furniture?

We accept clothing donations at some of our hunger centers.   While we can no longer accept furniture donations, (with the exception of our Fr. Hilkert Ozanam pantry in Akron), we work with several wonderful organizations that can help you.  Please refer to our Other Resources for Help page.

Where can I get help with finding a job?

Please refer to our Other Resources for Help page for more information.

I need emergency help with my utilities and rent.  What should I do

St. Vincent de Paul Society’s member parishes, Conferences, may be able to help you with emergency utility and/or rent payments depending upon the emergency funds available at parishes on a given day.  To find the nearest parish, please visit our Need Help: Find a Parish Group/Conference page or call 216-696-6525 x. 3150.

I would like to donate my used car, truck, RV or boat.  How do I donate a vehicle to your organization?

It’s easy to donate through SVDP’s Vehicle Donation Program either online or by phone at 800-322-8284.