Welcome to SVDP
Helping Northeast Ohio’s Poor Since 1865
As part of an established international network that offers emergency person-to-person service to those in need, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Diocese of Cleveland meets poverty where it exists.
SVDP Cleveland is a local human services and welfare organization that positively impacts the lives of more than 250,000 people annually residing in Ashland, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Summit and Wayne counties. Thanks to its core of over 1,200 volunteers (known as “Vincentians”) from participating local neighborhood parishes (known as “Conferences”), each year the Society helps Northeast Ohio’s poor in the following ways:
* Provides free food, clothing, furniture and other
necessities at its multiple hunger centers
* Prevents eviction and homelessness with rent and mortgage assistance
* Provides emergency help to prevent water, heat and electric shut-offs
* Distributes more than $40,000 worth of back-to-school supplies annually to needy children
* Donates hundreds of warm winter blankets and outerwear to homeless individuals and shelters every fall/winter
This emergency help translates into more than $9 million in direct assistance and in-kind services annually to our neighbors in Northeast Ohio.
Partner with us today in continuing to feed, clothe and heal others!
If you’re interested in giving of your time, talent or treasure, we invite you to explore our website and connect with us. Your generosity and compassion will enable us to make a difference within the lives of so many additional community members in need. Come for a tour of our food centers, consider becoming a volunteer, or have your company become a financial partner. For more information, call 216-696-6525 x. 3150 or e-mail email@example.com.
A little investment goes a long way in helping others. DONATE today!